Looking for BTB event information?

Have questions about the event or the area? Want to plan a ride in with others who are coming? Here's the place for it.

Moderator: mark

Looking for BTB event information?

Postby mark » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:46 am

In the event you've made your way to this forum without going through the actual Bennington Triumph Bash website, you can get to the main site at any time by clicking on the Bennington Triumph Bash banner in the top left corner of every forum page.

The main site contains all the info about the Bash, including lodging, rides, itinerary, where/when to meet up, etc.

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
mark
Site Admin

Postby KingOfFleece » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:27 pm

Mark,
I'd like to add my new company as a sponsor along with Triumph of Buffalo.
Let me know what you'd like me to do.

THX Jim
KingOfFleece
Recent import

Postby mark » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:48 am

Sounds great! Tito's in charge of sponsors; I'll send him this way if he doesn't see this himself in the next day or two.

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

mark
Site Admin

Re: Looking for BTB event information?

Postby christopher » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:26 am

TY Mark. Sorry, took so long to register to this site, but here I am. Not all that computer savvy anyway. Hey, I am looking for info in camping at Greenwood Camground. Should I rent my own site, or how do I get in w the group (Sounds more fun anyway). I own an 08 Bonneville and haven't had the time to attend ANY previous BTB due to work and family issues. I have been interested in meeting other TRIUMPH riders, as I am somewhat of an oddity around her , but I love it. Triumph riders #s are growing as of late. I am an avid camper, so there is no other route for me.
christopher
Flatlander

Postby GrumpyGrampy46 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:36 am

Christopher - Another first time BTB'er here and I just finished the group camping registration process. Contact them via phone, e-mail or snail mail, contact information is at http://www.campvermont.com/greenwood/. I sent them a check for $8.50 per night and said I wanted the BTB motorcycle group site, I got an e-mail back in less than a week confirming my reservation. As with you, I haven't meet to many Triumph riders and I haven't meet anyone in this group as I spent most of the year in Florida. I am not really into the mega events like Daytona, Sturgis and the such. This gathering sounds much more to my liking. See you in a month. I am going to get in sometime on Thursday.
GrumpyGrampy46
Leaf peeper

Postby christopher » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:01 am

TY Grumpy Grandpa. You sound a lot like me!!! Never been, don't like many biking events. Yes I have contacted GreenWood and will be doing that today. TY so much. I will be looking for you!!! Hope I can get a spot.
christopher
Flatlander

Postby mark » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:39 pm

I think of the BTB as the anti-rally rally. I'm not a big fan of large groups and have little interest in attending motorcycle rallies; I don't go to any other ones. Yet I'm one of the organizers of the BTB. It's fairly unique in that it's informal and easygoing, really more of a meetup of friends than any sort of attitude-laden lifestyle event. That's what keeps us all coming back every year -- great people and a very laid back environment.

And you shouldn't have any trouble getting a spot on the group campsite.

There are also a lot of us who get normal campsites. I always share a regular one with a few friends -- works better for me because I need to be up early Saturday morning to get down into Bennington to lead one of the rides, and the party tends to go pretty late on the group campsite. So when you get there, wander around the campground a bit and meet some of the folks in the other campsites.

--mark

mark
Site Admin

Postby christopher » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:34 pm

TY Mark, and I will. Sent out my check this morning. Sounds like fun, and I have a feeling I might kick myself in the ass for not making time sooner. On a side note, can I fish in the campsite ponds w/o a temporary Vermont fishing license (If I have the time that is)? I have a rather good collapsible rod that I can put somewhere.. Also it sounds very much like my type of event.
christopher
Flatlander

Postby mark » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:08 pm

christopher wrote:On a side note, can I fish in the campsite ponds w/o a temporary Vermont fishing license (If I have the time that is)?

I have no idea. I would ask the owners of the Greenwood Campground.

--mark

mark
Site Admin

Return to Discussion forum