Bonjour

Have questions about the event or the area? Want to plan a ride in with others who are coming? Here's the place for it.

Moderator: mark

Bonjour

Postby fyr » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:31 am

Glad I found this site. I think Id like to come down and check it out. I also have to admit to LOVING VERMONT. Would love to hook up on that weekend and get to see/ride some lovely roads. (my best riding experience on really good roads was coming home from Laconia in 96 and it was somewhere in Vermont on this fantastic stretch of perfect asphalt in the mountains. A million twists and turns) I think it was named Mad River Glen but I could be mistaken..
01 Bonnie
fyr
Flatlander

Postby JEnfield » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:37 am

Whats Up Fyr glad you found us. Yeah its going to be the weekend to be there seems that this ride has started to pick up speed. If my count from reading all the post over at Rat and here and the responce from several Triumph packs I would say in the two hundred bike range. If you can make it that would be cool.

Jimmy
Didn't your mother warn you that there are people like me!
JEnfield
Vermontah

Re: Bonjour

Postby mark » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:38 am

fyr wrote:it was somewhere in Vermont on this fantastic stretch of perfect asphalt in the mountains. A million twists and turns) I think it was named Mad River Glen but I could be mistaken..

That would be Rt 17 between Waitsfield and Starksboro. It passes right by Mad River Glen (ski area) and over the Appalachian Gap. Awesome road.

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
mark
Site Admin

Postby Hedge » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:37 am

Ah Mad River Glen! Brings me back to my youth! Their motto was "Ski it if you Can!" That was because back in the day they did absolutely no grooming. I'm not sure if it is still that way because I have been spoiled to West Coast skiing for the last 20 years. I hope you can come down and join us! :-)
Proud to be an American Infidel!
Hedge
Vermontah

Postby bennybmn » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:54 pm

mark wrote:That would be Rt 17 between Waitsfield and Starksboro. It passes right by Mad River Glen (ski area) and over the Appalachian Gap. Awesome road.

--mark

The App Gap!! NICE! That would also be where Hanky Panky smacked handlebars with an oncoming rider, no?
02 BA, lots of goodies...
I may live in NY, but I grew up in VT! I'm a local for this one...
bennybmn
Recent import

Hi

Postby TonUp » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:16 pm

Welcome! Bienvenido!

Route 17 is part of the ride I am putting together. I usually ride it every other week in the summer. Was a bit too slippery for my taste this year.

Tito

Ton Up!
BMC airfilter, 45 tooth rear sprocket, MIVV GP Carbon Fiber Exhaust, Lithium Battery, over 22lbs weight reduction, Custom Mapping, Skyking frame sliders, Pirelli Supercorsa SP, 112 octane fuel and a smile
TonUp
Vermontah

Postby mark » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:37 am

bennybmn wrote:The App Gap!! NICE! That would also be where Hanky Panky smacked handlebars with an oncoming rider, no?

He's never going to live that down, is he? :)

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
mark
Site Admin

Postby bennybmn » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:42 am

mark wrote:He's never going to live that down, is he? :)

--mark

Not as long as I'm around :D I didn't see it, I was just behind them around the corner. I saw this oncomming bike look over his shoulder with a "WTF?" kinda look, but didn't think much of it. but then everyone was stopped at the bottom and Hank the Tank was all "Benny I just hit that guy". Uh WHAA??? I mean nobody was down, no limping, nothing hurt, was NOT obvious! Crazy he made it outa that one.
02 BA, lots of goodies...
I may live in NY, but I grew up in VT! I'm a local for this one...
bennybmn
Recent import

Postby fyr » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:32 pm

Thanks Mark
RT 17, It was fantastic! Ill keep an eye to this site and mark Bennington down on the calendar.
Cheers
Glen
01 Bonnie
fyr
Flatlander

Return to Discussion forum