What happened to RAT

Have questions about the event or the area? Want to plan a ride in with others who are coming? Here's the place for it.

Moderator: mark

What happened to RAT

Postby bonnevillebilly » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:23 pm

I though Triumph RAT net was a motorcycle forum.
It has become a forum for a Sunday school for 12 year olds.
You can't say SHIT over there with out it getting moved, deleted or reworded.
I started a post asking the same question and it got deleted in less then 5 minutes
just as I said it would in the post and then I got a PM sent to me telling me if I don't
like it find another forum.
I think for some people if you give them a little bit of power it goes right to there
fucking head. I think RAT has rapidly gone down hill ever since a certain few have
taken over. It was much better when Mare was running the show.
Am I alone on this???
Bill
bonnevillebilly
Recent import

Postby Hedge » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:41 pm

I'm letting go of this shit for 2008! It just makes me re-visit all my issues with control & authority!
Last edited by Hedge on Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud to be an American Infidel!
Hedge
Vermontah

Postby bonnevillebilly » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:56 pm

It is really starting to piss me off every time I try to get a point across they
rearrange or completely reword what I had to say.
Then you read a post and you want to go back to it it's gone or it got moved to
who know where.
It is to bad because I like RAT net but it sucks when you get treated like you are a 12 year old kid.
bonnevillebilly
Recent import

Postby JEnfield » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:47 pm

Well a certian Preacher went away and came back with a vengence against everything anyone has to say I have been warned three times this week for posting and Wombat busted my ass over counter posting a political statement last time I checked the Dollar sucked and the economy is falling in around us but I have the Freedom of Speach .

Jimmy
Didn't your mother warn you that there are people like me!
JEnfield
Vermontah

Postby mark » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:52 pm

Out of curiosity -- are you having this problem just in the Biker Hang Out forum, or the bike-specific forums too? I've had my posts edited/deleted/moved a bunch of times in BHO, but not so much on the other forums.

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
mark
Site Admin

Yep.......

Postby Speedblastr » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:35 am

I'm Nationalistic and got to watch my personal dissing,(twins hangout)however nothing was said to the individuals that live up above our great nation or the individuals across the water and their nationalism or personal dissing.I've had a post completely deleted in biker hangout (All of Indiana triumph riders)and one moved from twins hangout about bennington to rides and events,well, that's fine , but maybe I wanted to see how many vertical twins were up to going and not everyone.
Speedblastr
Vermontah

Forums

Postby TonUp » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:12 am

RAT

I hardly frequent there any more. I tend to be very VOCAL and it seems to get me in trouble and then I end up defending my self and sometimes apologizing. You can't say FUCK so I say PHUCK instead! LOL

It is run a a bunch of unrealistic PRUDES! There are a lot of good folks there but a lot of BONEHEADS as well.

I like it here!

Tito

Ton Up
BMC airfilter, 45 tooth rear sprocket, MIVV GP Carbon Fiber Exhaust, Lithium Battery, over 22lbs weight reduction, Custom Mapping, Skyking frame sliders, Pirelli Supercorsa SP, 112 octane fuel and a smile
TonUp
Vermontah

Postby rndtaylor » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:09 am

I got into it w wombat over there, because he didnt like my avatar, for god's sake!!A picture of a baby with a surprise look on his face saying "You mean those boobs are for me?" got me an infraction point, and threatened to be kicked off. When I pointed out his own avatar was a cartoon animal showing the world his ass, and many people would consider that offensive, he claimed I was being abusive.

What a prick.
rndtaylor
Leaf peeper

Postby bonnevillebilly » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:55 am

Well a certian Preacher went away and came back with a vengence against everything anyone has to say

Yes I noticed half the board had been moved or deleted.
Out of curiosity -- are you having this problem just in the Biker Hang Out forum, or the bike-specific forums too?

I mostly post in the twin forums but I frequent the BHO I see it in both.
It is really starting to get ridiculous

I've had a post completely deleted in biker hangout (All of Indiana triumph riders)and one moved from twins hangout about bennington to rides and events,well, that's fine , but maybe I wanted to see how many vertical twins were up to going and not everyone.

That is part of what I'm saying, it is there personal choice on what stays and what they
don't like. So they move it or delete it. I wanted the Bennington post to stay in the twins forum.

RAT
I hardly frequent there any more. I tend to be very VOCAL and it seems to get me in trouble and then I end up defending my self and sometimes apologizing. You can't say FUCK so I say PHUCK instead! LOL

It is run a a bunch of unrealistic PRUDES! There are a lot of good folks there but a lot of BONEHEADS as well.
I like it here!

You are right you can't say how you feel about some thing with out worrying about getting in trouble and even the word phuck would end up *****
I tried to say how I feel and it got deleted in 5 minutes.
then I got a PM. from Wombat telling me if I don't like it find another forum.
I should of PM. him back and said well fuck you I will.

got into it w wombat over there, because he didnt like my avatar, for god's sake!!A picture of a baby with a surprise look on his face saying "You mean those boobs are for me?" got me an infraction point, and threatened to be kicked off. When I pointed out his own avatar was a cartoon animal showing the world his ass, and many people would consider that offensive, he claimed I was being abusive.
What a prick.

Again it is there personal choice. Most of the group would find that funny.
I see a banner avert. for Bellacorse at the top of the page showing a very hot looking
Babe with some great looking tits. I laugh every time I see it because I know it got
to be killing Monte because there is not a fucking thing he can do about it. LOL.

I'm glad to see that I'm not alone on this.
Bill
bonnevillebilly
Recent import

Postby bennybmn » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:12 pm

I barely go there anymore either. I was the twins moderator before Mere (mare?), before it got split up into a bunch of different things.

To me the worst part is inconsistancies. Like the avitar thing, if you are going to squash one, squash em all, ya know?

As for the freedom of speach thing, that's a tough thing because it is someone's site. It's not the public air waves or whatever, so yes, they can make whatever rules they want. It's "their house". But it's not cool when they are dicks about it!! Over at BA.com I find myself editing or deleting posts I totally agree with because it's only fair that I axe stuff against the (very few) rules, ya know?
02 BA, lots of goodies...
I may live in NY, but I grew up in VT! I'm a local for this one...
bennybmn
Recent import

Postby bonnevillebilly » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:56 pm

Ya, I understand for the most part they are just doing there job.
But it is really getting ridiculous with some of the stuff they edit or delete.
I just had my whole reply post deleted just because I mentioned that it wont be long
before this thread is moved and sure enough it got moved and my post got deleted
out of it. I mean come on.....does the truth hurt that much that you have to delete it.
Bill
bonnevillebilly
Recent import

Postby JEnfield » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:37 pm

I can understand keeping things civil but when you pounce on one party for something then that should be the rule for everyone. Its not they allow certian people to get away with it and the rest get slamed for the same infractions. Fair is Fair for you and me.

Jimmy
Didn't your mother warn you that there are people like me!
JEnfield
Vermontah

RAT

Postby TonUp » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:49 pm

I also got yelled at quite a few times for mentioning my other brands of bikes and also by letting them know that I like all bikes. I guess that makes me un loyal to one brand, Who knew? LOL!!!

Ton Up!
BMC airfilter, 45 tooth rear sprocket, MIVV GP Carbon Fiber Exhaust, Lithium Battery, over 22lbs weight reduction, Custom Mapping, Skyking frame sliders, Pirelli Supercorsa SP, 112 octane fuel and a smile
TonUp
Vermontah

Postby MattRat » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:27 am

let's have fun with pm's:

a conversation with Wombat after I challenged Monte openly and was immediately deleted:

Originally Posted by Wombat
Try asking by sending a PM

Originally Posted by Mattrat

I want the question and answer in a public forum. I believe a moderator here is violating the acceptable use poicy of the site:

"3.2. Prohibited Activities

Discrimination towards others, regardless of the topic or subject. We do not judge others here. "

Monte has repeatedly judged and edited several members' posts because they do not conform to his view of how we should behave. I just want to ask the site as a whole if this is acceptable for a moderator or if they believe as a group that this particular moderator is overstepping his authority, and if so if there is any way to remedy the situation.

It's an honest question that needs to be addressed in some way.

WOMBAT:
Re: Your question
Unfortunately you do not have the right to ask or expect that the question or answer be in the public forum.
This is a privately owned site and not a public forum where you have any rights to say what you want.
This site is not a democracy.

The section of the AUP that you quote relates to discrimination regarding race color or creed and nothing to do with what is deemed to be an inappropriate posting or comment.

FYI Monte is not the only Mod on this forum and deletions may be done by any number of Mods, including myself.

I have said it before and will reiterate for you:

If you are not happy with the way in which this site is moderated, you are more than welcome to find one that is more to your liking.
Last edited by MattRat on Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just here for the free beer
MattRat
Leaf peeper

yet another:

Postby MattRat » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:29 am

Re: You have received a warning at TriumphRat.Net

Originally Posted by Mattrat
At least a moderator other than Monte noticed. His restriction of conversation in twin talk has become utterly ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Wombat
I totally disagree.
Had I seen yours and other postings before Monte, I would have done exactly the same thing as I am sure that other mods would have also done.

Just because there has been a free rein on postings in the past does not mean that it will be allowed to continue.
If you have any issues with the moderation policies on this site, I would suggest that you contact Shawn, but I am sure that Shawn fully supports Montes actions as do the other mods.

ME:
Did you see the post he deleted in drew's accident thread? I did not insult anyone, I was on topic, and I followed every rule. Just because someone is a moderator should not give them the right to edit or delete legitimate non-inflamatory posts. But it's your sandbox. Enjoy your corner of the interweb. It's gonna get lonely when people realize that this site is going to become as informative as a Haynes Manual.
I'm just here for the free beer
MattRat
Leaf peeper

Next

Return to Discussion forum