trip to bennington

Have questions about the event or the area? Want to plan a ride in with others who are coming? Here's the place for it.

Moderator: mark

trip to bennington

Postby odatbob » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:42 am

Greetings and happy new year!!I may/may not come to vermont as I am in planning stage as of now...I live in Kent,Washington and am looking at 2900 mile one way ..In checking on Triumph web site they list no dealers in Bennington..Who is nearest dealer to service bike and put a set of tires on my bike for return trip home..I have close to 5500 on this set and would want to replace before journey back home.Thanks
odatbob
N00b

Postby bennybmn » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:51 am

I'm sure one of the more local guys or gals can tell you better, but there isn't a triumph dealer locally. There are probably plenty of bike dealers local that could do tires tho! If not, there are definitely some over towards albany NY which is only an hour away, could be your first stop on the way home.
02 BA, lots of goodies...
I may live in NY, but I grew up in VT! I'm a local for this one...
bennybmn
Recent import

Postby mark » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:55 pm

The closest dealer is Frank's Motorcycle Sales and Service in Burlington (northern end of the state), but there's a chance that Great Bay Motorcycles (a New Hampshire Triumph dealer) may have some sort of presence at the Bash.

Also, Cyclewise in Middlebury has already said they'd be happy to make themselves available for tire changes, etc. They're a Suzuki dealer, but a wheel's a wheel...

To be honest, though, I think you'd be well advised to change your tires before setting out on a 3000 mile ride east. That way you wouldn't need to worry about finding a shop once you're here, and you won't run the risk of the tire going bald on you earlier than expected.

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
mark
Site Admin

Postby bonniegirl » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:49 pm

ronnie's cycle in bennington works on my bonnie. i'm sure that they could do tires for you. they're nice guys over there.
wag more, bark less
bonniegirl
Recent import

tires

Postby odatbob » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:18 pm

thanks for the help/suggestions.I believe I will put on a new set this spring before the journey as well as service,etc.Nice to know that there are dealers for the unknown!!
odatbob
N00b

Trip

Postby TonUp » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:24 pm

I would recommend new tires and synthetic oil, spark plugs and pack your wheel bearings for sure. I can get about 9,000 miles on my V-Strom tires and 6,000 miles between oil changes.

I am planning a very long trip (17,000- 20,000 miles in six weeks) in July of 2009 from VT to Alaska down the California coast and back home thru the Blue Ridge.

Ton Up!

PS I will be buying you a tall Guinness!!! Cheers!
BMC airfilter, 45 tooth rear sprocket, MIVV GP Carbon Fiber Exhaust, Lithium Battery, over 22lbs weight reduction, Custom Mapping, Skyking frame sliders, Pirelli Supercorsa SP, 112 octane fuel and a smile
TonUp
Vermontah

Return to Discussion forum