Has anyone actually taken a head count?

Have questions about the event or the area? Want to plan a ride in with others who are coming? Here's the place for it.

Moderator: mark

Has anyone actually taken a head count?

Postby burmbuster » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:32 am

As we approach years end I'm sure the majority of people planning to go have set the trip in stone by now. So has anyone taken a head count? You may actually want triumphrat.net to help by putting a sticky at the top of each bike model forum.
burmbuster
N00b

Postby mark » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:02 pm

I think lots of people will decide in the spring whether or not to attend, and we'll probably get a fair number of people who decide in the last week or two. I don't think there'd be much point in a head count just yet.

Also, RatNet isn't being terribly helpful -- they've deleted Bennington Bash-related threads that they deem to be superfluous and they have an outright ban on crossposting, so there's no way we could talk them into putting a sticky on each forum. We can't even get them to leave a thread containing event information in the Biker Hangout forum instead of moving it to Rides & Events.

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
mark
Site Admin

The power of persuassion!

Postby TonUp » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:18 pm

So we go to the Biker Hang Out forum and while we are posting a reply to a question we put in a plug for the BENNINGTON BASH 2008. Better yest do it in all the forums! LOL

Free marketing!

Do the same on thespeedtriple.com

Ton Up!

I have contacted Don Jeka at Great Bay Motorcycles in Hampton Beach and he offered to put us on his website rides and events section.
BMC airfilter, 45 tooth rear sprocket, MIVV GP Carbon Fiber Exhaust, Lithium Battery, over 22lbs weight reduction, Custom Mapping, Skyking frame sliders, Pirelli Supercorsa SP, 112 octane fuel and a smile
TonUp
Vermontah

Postby LoVel » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:41 pm

burmbuster I don't know about a head count but rndtaylor and I and maybe a few others will be riding up starting the Monday before the event. If you want to ride with us just let me know and we will work it out.
LoVel
Recent import

Postby JEnfield » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:50 pm

I think you will find it will have to be held somewhere else next year. If we can keep it fun and safe for people to enjoy owning a triumph it will get bigger each time. I can only count my head and as stated before I will be in bennington even if I have to ride around by my self.

Jimmy
Didn't your mother warn you that there are people like me!
JEnfield
Vermontah

Postby mark » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:32 pm

No worries, Jimmy, you definitely won't have to ride by yourself.

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

mark
Site Admin

Postby JEnfield » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:54 pm

Didnt think so I figure the rumble or as my local police say the roar of D&Ds will bring others out if nothing else to see whats making all the damn racket LOL.
JEnfield
Vermontah

Postby bennybmn » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:52 pm

Mark, can you define "crossposting" for me? I've heard of this "ban" but honestly I wouldn't know if I did it... Do they mean like mentioning another site on theirs? FriarJohn got a good talkin-to for that a while back and was sharing his flame war with a mod there with us mods on BA.com. It was fun.
02 BA, lots of goodies...
I may live in NY, but I grew up in VT! I'm a local for this one...
bennybmn
Recent import

Postby mark » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:49 pm

Crossposting is putting the same (or very similar) post in multiple forums. For instance, if we posted an announcement about the BTB in the various different bike model forums, Biker Hangout, and Rides & Events. Admittedly, as a site administrator it is annoying to have multiple duplicate threads kicking around, but as someone trying to publicize an event, it sucks to have to rely on people to check the Rides & Events forum, because a lot of people only read the forum for their particular bike model.

--mark

mark
Site Admin

Postby bennybmn » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:21 am

I hear ya. FJ got in trouble for basically mentioning bonnevilleamerica.com on that site. Guess that's different. I see no problem with crossposting as long as you just put a pointer in there, so the actual bulk of the convo is in one place, ya know? They are silly if they think everyone checks every forum... That place got too big for it's britches I guess.
02 BA, lots of goodies...
I may live in NY, but I grew up in VT! I'm a local for this one...
bennybmn
Recent import

Postby burmbuster » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:54 am

LoVel,
Thanks for the invite. If the timing works out for me I might just take you up on it.

Brad
burmbuster
N00b

Postby bonniegirl » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:28 pm

i changed my sig on the rat net:
bennington triumph bash may 31, june 01 2008
bennington vt
wag more, bark less
bonniegirl
Recent import

Robin!

Postby TonUp » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:20 pm

Very very clever!

Ton Up!
BMC airfilter, 45 tooth rear sprocket, MIVV GP Carbon Fiber Exhaust, Lithium Battery, over 22lbs weight reduction, Custom Mapping, Skyking frame sliders, Pirelli Supercorsa SP, 112 octane fuel and a smile
TonUp
Vermontah

Postby JEnfield » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:02 pm

I am thinking we need a poll I say there is going to be 250 bikes in Bennington on this ride.

Jimmy
JEnfield
Vermontah

Postby mark » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:07 pm

Good idea, Robin. I wonder if Shawn would let us put the site URL in our sigs.

--mark

mark
Site Admin

Next

Return to Discussion forum