Cyclewise in Middlebury VT is now a Triumph Dealer??

Have questions about the event or the area? Want to plan a ride in with others who are coming? Here's the place for it.

Moderator: mark

Cyclewise in Middlebury VT is now a Triumph Dealer??

Postby stormrider » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:01 pm

Hmmm.....swag for the Bash??? Maybe we need to make a jaunt up to WELCOME them to the Triumph family?? I think they sorted Rachel 2 years ago when she needed a rear tire on her Diavel the first night?!?!

https://www.cyclewisevt.com/
Stormrider (aka Jamie)

2011 Thunderbird STORM!!!
stormrider
Leaf peeper

Re: Cyclewise in Middlebury VT is now a Triumph Dealer??

Postby mark » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:21 am

Yeah, I was waiting to make an announcement because they haven't officially announced it themselves yet, but Triumph is now listed on their website, and they're in Triumph's dealer listings on the corporate website. My understanding is that Ducati is not happy and is making life difficult for them, which is why there hasn't been a big splash official announcement yet.

But yes, Cyclewise will expand their sponsorship role in this year's Bash; I still need to work out with Tamara what exactly they want to do. But it may include bringing down a trailer full of demo bikes; we'll see what they can manage.

This is exciting news for quite a few of us -- obviously all us Vermonters because we finally have a Triumph dealer again, but it's also great to see Jeff Rose's efforts laying the groundwork for this finally come to fruition. Jeff may no longer be with Triumph, but he's the one who got the ball rolling on this.

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
mark
Site Admin

Postby KingOfFleece » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:43 am

That Jeffery. SUCH a good boy!
KingOfFleece
Recent import

Postby Boosted Thrills » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:24 pm

Thanks gents. I'm very excited to see CycleWise get on board with Triumph. The timing wasn't right when I was working on it, and it even took a couple of conversations after I had moved on, but I'm glad they stuck with it as it will be a nice addition to their offerings and should compliment Ducati as well as help sustain their business going forward.
Jeff
2016 Portimao Grey Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR
Boosted Thrills
Recent import

Postby mark » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:34 pm

Yeah, the shakeup in senior management at Triumph North America last fall changed the picture considerably for smaller dealers. Things became a lot more favorable for them.

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
mark
Site Admin

Postby Spad » Fri May 24, 2019 12:30 pm

I'll be heading up to the Open House at Cyclewise tomorrow, just to check things out (if I were to happen to test ride a Tiger or Scrambler, well, so be it). I'm happy that they're expanding their lines - they're super close and I like the people, and at some point I'll need to replace the V-Strom.

Looking forward to seeing everyone shortly!

- Spad/Jim
Spad
Leaf peeper

Postby amrehm » Sat May 25, 2019 10:22 pm

Oh ...Mike.....ride the tiger and you'll be be like weestrom who?
'16 bmw r1200gs
'13 white Tiger 800xc
'06 bonne & cozy sidecar

4 Wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!
amrehm
Recent import

Postby Spad » Mon May 27, 2019 9:41 pm

Yeah, it’s why I usually refuse the generous offers made to try out other people’s bikes! As it was, I had to leave before I could get onto a test ride - they were booked up two hours ahead of time, with maybe a dozen bikes to try. Really nice event, dangerous having them so close though. They just got in a used Tiger 800, too.

(Jim, not Mike, but I know you knew who you meant)
Spad
Leaf peeper

Return to Discussion forum