brown cow cafe

Have questions about the event or the area? Want to plan a ride in with others who are coming? Here's the place for it.

Moderator: mark

brown cow cafe

Postby amrehm » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:09 am

Just a heads up for those who liked to grab a bite to eat at the brown cow cafe next to the paradise....I just received an email from the owner that she closed the cafe in Feb.

https://www.benningtonbanner.com/storie ... web,563539

alan
'16 bmw r1200gs
'13 white Tiger 800xc
'06 bonne & cozy sidecar

4 Wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!
amrehm
Recent import

Re: brown cow cafe

Postby GerryP » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:45 pm

amrehm wrote:Just a heads up for those who liked to grab a bite to eat at the brown cow cafe next to the paradise....I just received an email from the owner that she closed the cafe in Feb.

https://www.benningtonbanner.com/storie ... web,563539

alan

Well, that just sucks. A bit on the yupp/veghead side but They had great coffee & muffins/pastries to eat. now there is no place close by to get coffee in the afternoon or early morning.

Coffee from the convince stores/gas stations sucks.

Please tell me that the restaurant where we have breakfast is still there.

Crap, I wonder what others places have closed since last BTB.

Gerry
2015 Moto Guzzi Stone - "Jim Hamlin Special"
Really, Really Fast (for a Guzzi) Red
GerryP
Recent import

Postby amrehm » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:35 pm

Sunny Side diner is still open.

https://www.sunnysidedinervt.com/
'16 bmw r1200gs
'13 white Tiger 800xc
'06 bonne & cozy sidecar

amrehm
Recent import

Postby mark » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:11 am

I was just in Bennington Saturday. Sunny Side is still open and looked pretty busy as usual, and Papa Pete's is still open too.

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
mark
Site Admin

Postby amrehm » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:26 am

I also emailed Whitney at the tap house where a lot of us met for dinner on thursday night last year. I told them to expect a group of us again. she is looking forward to having us.

https://www.taphouseatcatglass.com/
'16 bmw r1200gs
'13 white Tiger 800xc
'06 bonne & cozy sidecar

amrehm
Recent import

Postby GerryP » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:58 pm

amrehm wrote:I also emailed Whitney at the tap house where a lot of us met for dinner on thursday night last year. I told them to expect a group of us again. she is looking forward to having us.

https://www.taphouseatcatglass.com/

Sweet. those Italian meatballs were excellent.

Not familiar with Papa Pete's.

Gerry
GerryP
Recent import

Postby mark » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:57 am

GerryP wrote:Not familiar with Papa Pete's.

It's the place a lot of us campground dwellers have breakfast at. It's on Rt 9 at the eastern end of Bennington, near the new intersection with 279. They're known for pancakes the size of a pizza, and really tasty breakfasts in general.

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

mark
Site Admin

Postby drlapo » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:41 pm

will restaurant dining be allowed this year? everything is closed in CT now. they are suggesting a 4 month isolation period for persons with "existing health conditions"
I still can't figure out how to use toilet paper to kill the virus. it must work as toilet paper is sold out everywhere
71 BSA B50
70 Triumph TR250W
66 Ducati Monza jr
79 Triumph T140
85 BMW R80S
11 Tiger 800
16 Thruxton 1200
18 Bobber
20 Street Triple R
drlapo
Recent import

Postby GerryP » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:42 pm

drlapo wrote:will restaurant dining be allowed this year? everything is closed in CT ow. they are suggesting a 4 month isolation period for persons with "existing health conditions"
I still can't figure out how to use toilet paper to kill the virus. it must work as toilet paper is sold out everywhere

Hi Dave,
I was wondering the same thing about the restaurants, especially for the banquet.

Hope the whole BTB2020 does not get cancelled.

Gerry
GerryP
Recent import

Postby mark » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:14 am

Statement is forthcoming. Alan, Jamie, and I have been exchanging emails discussing what to do.

The long and short of it is that we have no intention of canceling the 2020 BTB, but it will end up being scaled back somewhat. The question now is how much; unfortunately with this situation evolving so quickly, it's impossible to plan for the end of May. Hopefully things will be reasonably back to normal by then, but that doesn't seem likely.

I do think we'll be trying to keep all gatherings outdoors to minimize risk. The Saturday banquet is definitely canceled, though we're looking at replacing it with a gathering more like our usual Friday night one. As of now, the Friday BBQ in the Paradise backyard is still on.

Look for a statement soon.

--mark

mark
Site Admin

Postby GerryP » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:35 pm

mark wrote:Statement is forthcoming. Alan, Jamie, and I have been exchanging emails discussing what to do.

The long and short of it is that we have no intention of canceling the 2020 BTB, but it will end up being scaled back somewhat. The question now is how much; unfortunately with this situation evolving so quickly, it's impossible to plan for the end of May. Hopefully things will be reasonably back to normal by then, but that doesn't seem likely.

I do think we'll be trying to keep all gatherings outdoors to minimize risk. The Saturday banquet is definitely canceled, though we're looking at replacing it with a gathering more like our usual Friday night one. As of now, the Friday BBQ in the Paradise backyard is still on.

Look for a statement soon.

--mark

I just got off the phone with Brittany at the Paradise to check that I did really make a res after last year.

She sure hopes we are coming. Currently the hours at the desk are 7am to 6pm.

Most restaurants are open but take out is the norm.

Anybody else out there experiencing massive toilet paper shortages??? Man that's some crazy shit... :shock: :shock:

Gerry
GerryP
Recent import

Postby mark » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:54 pm

GerryP wrote:Most restaurants are open but take out is the norm.

Anybody else out there experiencing massive toilet paper shortages??? Man that's some crazy shit... :shock: :shock:

Yeah, takeout is the only option right now. Dine-in service is banned till at least April 6.

And yes, for some reason everyone is buying up all the toilet paper, which is really weird because it's a respiratory disease, not a gastrointestinal one. Many of the smaller stores still have a decent supply though.

--mark

mark
Site Admin

Postby LoVel » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:37 am

Apparently some people plan on wiping with paper towels and facial tissue as well. I was in the grocery Monday and that isle was completely empty. Really weird. No worries though they had plenty of beer and wine and I have a spare role of TP in my hunting bag if times get to desperate.
I am an individual. Just like everyone else.
LoVel
Recent import

Return to Discussion forum