Picked this up Saturday...

Have questions about the event or the area? Want to plan a ride in with others who are coming? Here's the place for it.

Moderator: mark

Picked this up Saturday...

Postby mark » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:09 am

...and holy crap it's good!

Can't wait for the roads to be a little cleaner so I can take it out for a good long ride!

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
mark
Site Admin

Re: Picked this up Saturday...

Postby bonnevillebilly » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:31 am

Nice ! I'm sure it won't be long till you rack up a bunch of miles on her.
I hope you get many miles of smiles out of here.

Bill
bonnevillebilly
Recent import

Postby AtticaTiger » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:54 am

Love that bike Mark! Probably my favorite all time Triumph just by seeing it and sitting on it. It ticks every box. Unfortunately being retired and my car dying this year it wasn't meant to be. I ended up back on Tiger Roadie which I am in the process of bringing up to backwoods specs. Enjoy my friend! :drool:
A dirty bike is a happy bike....

2013 Tiger 800 ABS
2020 Suzuki DR 650
AtticaTiger
Recent import

Postby mark » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:33 pm

Thanks! This bike pretty much ticks all the boxes for me too. It has all the utility, comfort, and handling of an ADV bike, yet it has the personality, minimalism, and gorgeous looks of the Bonneville. And not only does it tick those boxes on paper -- the bike is also incredibly well executed. Triumph did a phenomenal job on this thing. I think it may be my all-time favorite motor, and the suspension is excellent bone-stock. I haven't even made any adjustments to it yet. Even the exhaust note is gorgeous -- much throatier than I've ever heard from a stock exhaust.

I'm dying for the weather to get properly springlike so I can take this bike out for a good long ride. I'm pretty sure this bike + 65-degree temps + blue skies will be a spectacular combination. I can't wait!

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
mark
Site Admin

Postby LoVel » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:34 am

WOW!!!
I am an individual. Just like everyone else.
LoVel
Recent import

Postby Spad » Fri May 24, 2019 12:33 pm

What did you figure out for luggage for it? The high pipes and simple seat look like they'd make it hard, though you've always been pretty efficient in what you bring.
Spad
Leaf peeper

Return to Discussion forum