Bonniegirl

Have questions about the event or the area? Want to plan a ride in with others who are coming? Here's the place for it.

Moderator: mark

Re: Bonniegirl

Postby GerryP » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:12 pm

LoVel wrote:I'm not sure the Guzzi would make the trip all the way up and back without needing repairs. :lmao:

Sorry Gerry. Couldn't help it.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Never poke the Bear!
2015 Moto Guzzi Stone - "Jim Hamlin Special"
Really, Really Fast (for a Guzzi) Red
GerryP
Recent import

Postby LoVel » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:49 pm

Actually my closest Guzzi dealer is even further away than my closest Triumph dealer.
I am an individual. Just like everyone else.
LoVel
Recent import

Postby gilligan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:34 pm

Wow so sorry to hear this news. Makes me realize how short and precious life can be. After missing last year's bash, I am hoping to be there for the 2018 BTB and hoping to see everyone - Pat
gilligan
Recent import

Postby schuitz » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:17 pm

I was not at the storied BTB 1, but that fantastic time I had at BTB 2 (and all that followed) was the catalyst for new friendships and the turning of a new hobby into a life-shaping passion for moto touring. All that traces back to a few people at a single point in time who had a shared passion, a great idea, and the spirit to make it happen. It’s not hyperbolic to say that it was a life-changing event for me (it was) that is still resonating (it is).

I did not know Robin well, but I will always be grateful to her for this, another unintended consequence of throwing a great party. Strength and love.
schuitz
Leaf peeper

Postby Boosted Thrills » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:34 pm

I like to think we have the Bash in our lives because of Robin. We are all better people for that and having her in our lives at varying degrees. My condolences, Paul.

Ride on brother.
Jeff
2016 Portimao Grey Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR
Boosted Thrills
Recent import

Postby lzrdking61 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:07 am

Paul I am so sorry to hear this. Robin has been in my thoughts and prayers everyday. I only check in here every once and a while so I am just learning of her passing. I still remember the first year of the Bash. I had just gotten back in to riding and stumbled on news of the Bash and thought sounds like fun. I rode into town that first Thursday and found the coffee shop and Robin. What a find it was. She is truly one of the nicest people I have ever met. My heart is heavy with her loss. I was debating whether to go this year or not but with this news I will be there for her final ride North.

Prayers and Best Wishes
Brian
A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.
lzrdking61
Recent import

Postby tigerwilbury » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:21 pm

Brian. You can't stop coming. That'd be un-American. That's like the guy that went to the 1st 47 Super Bowls and then stopped. Noooo. Your in it forever now. No quitting.
2018 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT
tigerwilbury
Leaf peeper

Postby Spad » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:36 am

Like some of the others, I haven't been on the site in a while so the news is new to me, though sadly not unexpected. Paul, I hope the healing keeps going and the bash serves as a way to continue to remember the awesome that was Robin. She'll never be forgotten. You two have always been a huge part of the event (obviously, since the whole damn thing is your fault) and I'll always treasure catching up with you two through the years in the mountains. It's no surprise that this is where she'd want to end up.

All the best, friend. I'm glad you're coming back, looking forward to seeing you again.

- Jim D

Wee Strom
Spad
Leaf peeper

Postby jefff1 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:18 pm

:) It will be great to see you once again Paul...I fondly remember the first time we met with Tito walking in the parking lot with a 6 of Newcastle Brown...and all of you jammed in one room...somehow I knew we'd get along just fine...
What a fine person Robin was and she lives in each of us as we continue to gather each year in her favorite little village.
Our life is such a beautiful quilt of stitched together memories. See you soon
Raised on the farm to be tough and work hard...Don't expect anything you haven't worked hard for..Appreciate what you've earned..Be happy and thankful..
jefff1
Recent import

Postby sal paradise » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:12 pm

LoVel

I am so sorry to hear this about Robin.

M sincerest condolences.

Sal Paradise
Sal Paradise
sal paradise
Flatlander

Postby Skidplate865 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:47 pm

Paul,
Robin was the real deal. And so are you. I'll see you up there.
Your friend,
Kevin
Skidplate865
Leaf peeper

Postby LoVel » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:42 am

Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers and condolences. You guys just insist on making me cry every time I come to this site. Thank you.

For those of you who don't know me I will be the one crying most of the day Friday as I see all of the people who loved Robin and are my friends because of her.

Peace and love.
I am an individual. Just like everyone else.
LoVel
Recent import

Postby mark » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:00 pm

LoVel wrote:For those of you who don't know me I will be the one crying most of the day Friday as I see all of the people who loved Robin and are my friends because of her.

I'm pretty sure yours won't be the only tears shed that day, Paul...

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
mark
Site Admin

Postby Billbikes19810 » Tue May 01, 2018 2:51 pm

Paul, Im sorry I haven't seen this before now. :( I've been dealing with my own health issues, and was thinking of trying to make this years bash, but that won't happen this year. I wish I could.
Hopefully I can make next year's, and you will too.

Bill
09 Sprint ST ABS
Billbikes19810
Leaf peeper

Postby KingOfFleece » Mon May 21, 2018 10:58 pm

Hoist a pint for me. Change of plans last minute requires me to be somewhere else.
KingOfFleece
Recent import

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion forum