Bonniegirl

Have questions about the event or the area? Want to plan a ride in with others who are coming? Here's the place for it.

Moderator: mark

Bonniegirl

Postby LoVel » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:30 pm

As many of you already know the love of my life, Robin Andrew, AKA Bonniegirl, passed away on December 13. I still cry everyday but if anyone ever deserved a few tears it was Robin. She was the most amazing woman I ever met.

I plan to continue to come to the Bash on a yearly basis but Robin will be making her final trip with me this coming year. She wants her ashes spread in the mountains of Vermont. I thought she would like the idea of making the trip up on motorcycle one more time. Even if she is just a passenger. At least she will not have to worry about my driving.

In case anyone doesn't know the story. This is pretty close.

http://www.motorcycle-vermont.com/front ... bash-2011/
I am an individual. Just like everyone else.
LoVel
Recent import

Re: Bonniegirl

Postby GerryP » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:22 pm

Paul,

Tank you for posting the information.

It was a sad day for me (although I can't begin to imagine how bad it was for you) when you notified me of Robins' passing. I valued her friendship highly (you too). She was the third motorcycling friend I've lost to cancer.

Afa,

Gerry
2015 Moto Guzzi Stone - "Jim Hamlin Special"
Really, Really Fast (for a Guzzi) Red
GerryP
Recent import

Postby tigerwilbury » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:16 am

Paul, I'm so very sorry to hear this. She is a very special woman for sure. From my vantage point, she fought her battle with great courage and dignity. You're in my thoughts. Take care, See you at the Bash. Scot
2018 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT
tigerwilbury
Leaf peeper

Postby KingOfFleece » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:32 am

Great idea-may she RIP in her beloved New England Mountains.

We are all saddened by her passing-she was always so bright in the face of darkness. And I think we're all a bit better off having shared time with here, and you.

Drive safe-see you in June.
KingOfFleece
Recent import

Postby LoVel » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:58 pm

Thanks Gerry, Scot and Jim. She definitely made me a better person every day I knew her and I hope I can carry that forward without too much regression. She loved me unconditionally but I always wanted to be a better person just to please her. She made my life wonderful and I will always smile when I think about her.
LoVel
Recent import

Postby TonUp » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:21 pm

Robin will always be with us, in our hearts our minds and our souls! I was very fortunate to have shared some incredible memories and good times with Robin & Paul! Hope to ride with Paul again! I am sure Robin would approve!

Cheers!

Ton Up
Tito :-)
BMC airfilter, 45 tooth rear sprocket, MIVV GP Carbon Fiber Exhaust, Lithium Battery, over 22lbs weight reduction, Custom Mapping, Skyking frame sliders, Pirelli Supercorsa SP, 112 octane fuel and a smile
TonUp
Vermontah

Postby AtticaTiger » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:10 pm

So sorry for your loss Paul. :cry: Robin's spirit will live on in anyone who has ever attended the Bash. I feel privileged to have gotten to know her a little and definitely a better person for it. It will be good to see you at the Bash. I have sold my Scram but I will be there on my Tiger!

Rob
A dirty bike is a happy bike....

2013 Tiger 800 ABS
2020 Suzuki DR 650
AtticaTiger
Recent import

Postby ebolton » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:37 pm

Very, very sorry to hear.

-Ed
ebolton
Leaf peeper

Postby bonnevillebilly » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:29 am

Very sad news indeed, My thoughts and prayers are with you my brother. I am fighting back the tears feeling the los with you.
She will always be in our heart and in our mind. You hang in there bro. Plan on getting lots of hugs my friend, I know you got at least 2 coming your way from me,
one for you and 1 for Robin. Looking forward to see you.

Bill
bonnevillebilly
Recent import

Postby LoVel » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:04 pm

I think I can handle the hugs. My ribs are almost healed form the celebration of her life we had at one of the local breweries. Thanks Billy, Ed and Rob. Already spoke to Tito.

I was thinking about looking at a tiger. Who knows. May be riding something Japanese or still on the Scrammy at least one more time. It is getting hard to find a Triumph dealer these days.
LoVel
Recent import

Postby GerryP » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:43 pm

LoVel wrote:

I was thinking about looking at a tiger. Who knows. May be riding something Japanese or still on the Scrammy at least one more time. It is getting hard to find a Triumph dealer these days.

Paul,

You could always try Moto Guzzi!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Gerry
2015 Moto Guzzi Stone - "Jim Hamlin Special"
Really, Really Fast (for a Guzzi) Red
GerryP
Recent import

Postby AtticaTiger » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:41 am

You can ride the Tiger Paul. It is the Roadie version and I have the Seat Concepts tall seat on it with lowered pegs. It is comfy and for me a more modern version of a Scrambler. It is lighter and holds more gear for trips that I always pack and never need. lol Don't tell Gerry that his Guzzi really isn't a Triumph. :teehee:
A dirty bike is a happy bike....

2013 Tiger 800 ABS
2020 Suzuki DR 650
AtticaTiger
Recent import

Postby mark » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:39 pm

Paul, somehow I've been off in my own little headspace and hadn't heard about Robin's passing till now. I'm so very sorry for your -- for all of our -- loss. Robin was an amazing human being and a good friend, and I'll miss her very much.

It doesn't matter to anyone what kind of bike you'll be riding, it'll just be great to see you in Bennington.

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
mark
Site Admin

Postby marcsiry » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:14 am

So sorry to hear the news. I hope we'll be able to spend some time remembering Robin and others of year past at this year's dinner.
marcsiry
Leaf peeper

Postby LoVel » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:26 pm

I'm not sure the Guzzi would make the trip all the way up and back without needing repairs. :lmao:

Sorry Gerry. Couldn't help it.
LoVel
Recent import

Next

Return to Discussion forum