11th annual Bennington Triumph Bash, June 1-3, 2018

Have questions about the event or the area? Want to plan a ride in with others who are coming? Here's the place for it.

Moderator: mark

Re: 11th annual Bennington Triumph Bash, June 1-3, 2018

Postby sal paradise » Sat May 19, 2018 10:35 am

I like it, but I never heard of a Triumph " Steamer" LOL
Sal Paradise
sal paradise
Flatlander

Postby sevy » Sat May 19, 2018 7:10 pm

Sorry, that's the nickname for the '93-'98 Tigers. I believe that '95 was actually the first year they were imported into the States, which is the year mine was manufactured. Someone told me there were only 300 brought in that year, but who knows?
They are called Steamers because of their can-do, industrial look, sort of like a locomotive. In '99 they changed engines and body style, and were called girlies until the 1050 engines and newer body appeared. Then the 800's, etc..
I asked a Triumph rep at one of the big shows in NY if they were ever going to import the 1050 Sport here, which I find most appealing. His response was that they didn't want to dilute the demand for the 800 model that were currently the newest thing. Seems funny now, as they have added so many additional Tiger models since, but never the 1050 road model.
sevy
Recent import

Postby AtticaTiger » Sun May 20, 2018 4:19 pm

Booked at Paradise. Ready for cookies and some curvy roads and a few dirt ones too. Maybe...just maybe some ice cream too.
A dirty bike is a happy bike....

2013 Tiger 800 ABS
2020 Suzuki DR 650
AtticaTiger
Recent import

Postby Stormcrow » Sun May 20, 2018 11:48 pm

After 11 years of wanting to attend; the planets, work, and life have finally aligned - I’m in!
BBQ and dinner reservations are in. I’ve reserved a spot to set up my tent in the group camping area. Anyone else plan on tenting?
James
(Formerly known as greyrider1200 on the old Triumphrst.net)
Stormcrow
N00b

Postby mark » Mon May 21, 2018 9:42 am

Stormcrow wrote:I’ve reserved a spot to set up my tent in the group camping area. Anyone else plan on tenting?

Hi James. There will be quite a few of us up at the campground. The group campsite is usually occupied primarily by the Connecticut Rockers, but I'm not sure how many of them are able to make it this year. As we've all gotten older, the Rockers have bought houses, gotten married, had kids, etc, so Domestic Responsibilities have decreased their attendance the past couple of years. But I'm sure a few folks will be set up on the group site. And if you end up having the big field mostly to yourself (or even if you don't), feel free to wander around a bit and look for regular campsites with bikes parked in them. I'm in site 11 with several friends, and evenings include lots of hanging out around the campfire. Don't be shy about coming down and saying hi.

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
mark
Site Admin

Postby AtticaTiger » Tue May 22, 2018 6:19 pm

Finally work out work complications and I will be attending the Bash and staying at the Paradise. Now summer can begin properly. Great time at Bennington Station last year with lots of laughs on Thursday. I will be arriving Thursday with no plans except to ride a lot and maybe eat ice cream. Hopefully Jeff and Brian save me a spot at the Tiger geezer table on Saturday.

2013 Tiger 800 ABS
2020 Suzuki DR 650
AtticaTiger
Recent import

Postby AtticaTiger » Wed May 23, 2018 6:16 am

Also THANK YOU Mark and Alan for putting this all together again. You guys do an awesome job. Look forward to seeing you soon.

2013 Tiger 800 ABS
2020 Suzuki DR 650
AtticaTiger
Recent import

Postby jefff1 » Wed May 23, 2018 7:26 am

AtticaTiger wrote:Finally work out work complications and I will be attending the Bash and staying at the Paradise. Now summer can begin properly. Great time at Bennington Station last year with lots of laughs on Thursday. I will be arriving Thursday with no plans except to ride a lot and maybe eat ice cream. Hopefully Jeff and Brian save me a spot at the Tiger geezer table on Saturday.

:bluduh: Sounds like you might need a whackin' with my cane Rob...plus you eat all the cookies
Raised on the farm to be tough and work hard...Don't expect anything you haven't worked hard for..Appreciate what you've earned..Be happy and thankful..
jefff1
Recent import

Postby AtticaTiger » Wed May 23, 2018 7:02 pm

Hmmm...getting crotchety already. You are an old softie and I am sure you will let me buy you an ice cream cone. There are so many cookies at the dinner that I am sure I can not eat ALL of them but I will make an effort!

2013 Tiger 800 ABS
2020 Suzuki DR 650
AtticaTiger
Recent import

Postby beck49 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:09 am

AtticaTiger wrote:Finally work out work complications and I will be attending the Bash and staying at the Paradise. Now summer can begin properly. Great time at Bennington Station last year with lots of laughs on Thursday. I will be arriving Thursday with no plans except to ride a lot and maybe eat ice cream. Hopefully Jeff and Brian save me a spot at the Tiger geezer table on Saturday.

Rob, we always have room for you at the geezer table, especially since you are back in the Tiger den. You better not rile Jeff though or he will have Mrs. Lucky bake up a special batch of gluten free, sugar free, fat free cookies just for you.
2008 Blue Tiger 1050
beck49
Leaf peeper

Postby sal paradise » Sun May 27, 2018 11:38 am

mark wrote:
Stormcrow wrote:I’ve reserved a spot to set up my tent in the group camping area. Anyone else plan on tenting?

Hi James. There will be quite a few of us up at the campground. The group campsite is usually occupied primarily by the Connecticut Rockers, but I'm not sure how many of them are able to make it this year. As we've all gotten older, the Rockers have bought houses, gotten married, had kids, etc, so Domestic Responsibilities have decreased their attendance the past couple of years. But I'm sure a few folks will be set up on the group site. And if you end up having the big field mostly to yourself (or even if you don't), feel free to wander around a bit and look for regular campsites with bikes parked in them. I'm in site 11 with several friends, and evenings include lots of hanging out around the campfire. Don't be shy about coming down and saying hi.

--mark

I just paid for the sat dinner, along with another new guy.

We are sort of local ( Kingston NY) and may ride back home after dinner, but I am carrying my little dome tent just in case. If I decide not to ride home, hopefully I will be able to get into the camping area for a snooze until daylight. :)
Sal Paradise
sal paradise
Flatlander

Postby framebinder » Tue May 29, 2018 12:28 pm

After much consternation, Rachael and I won't be able to come this year!!!
Damn. Hey Mark and Alan, any chance of a refund on the 2 dinner tickets I bought?
If not, maybe pass them on to someone who didn't plan ahead.
Can't believe I'm writing these words. I look forward to this all year.
Framebinder
John in Maine with the 800XC, white of course

On another note, I just got back yesterday from a 2 day Tony's Track Days
Would highly recommend it! There were a dozen instructors and lots of track and class time. And no jerky
show offs. It's not about racing, it's about getting better. The one I went to was at Palmer, Mass. race way.
They go to others around New England too. Ken Condon was one of the instructors, nice thoughtful man.
There are 1 day events too and some are for non sport bike riders. Look it up.
2005 tangerine/cream Bonne T100 sold, 2012 Tiger 800XC ,white of course.
And now a beautiful '82 BMW R65LS in black.
framebinder
Leaf peeper

Postby AtticaTiger » Tue May 29, 2018 2:38 pm

I am out as well. I am just starting new job as PT sales at new Triumph of Buffalo and the grand opening is fast approaching. I will be working at the dealership getting acclimated as well as pitching in to get things ready. Hopefully next year I will attend with some goodies in hand as door prizes for the Saturday night dinner. I will miss you all but something tells me you will have just as much fun AND more cookies for you on Saturday Jeff!

2013 Tiger 800 ABS
2020 Suzuki DR 650
AtticaTiger
Recent import

Postby GerryP » Tue May 29, 2018 6:21 pm

Well, bags all packed, bike polished and just took the cookies (oatmeal & chocolate chip) out of the freezer so you lot can satisfy your snack cravings before we plunder the treasure trove of goodies from "Mrs. Lucky" on Saturday night at the banquet.

I'll be leaving around nine am tomorrow and so far the weather report looks awesome, which is a lot better than last year when I got a total soaking (packed every bit of rain gear I have).

Plan on stopping at Hamlin's for a bit of coffee before hitting Rt 22 and the long ride up. Hope to get to the Paradise around 2 pm or so depending on traffic and additional pit stops.

See you up there. Sorry about those that had to drop out or were not able to attend, you will be missed.

Ride safe,

Gerry
2015 Moto Guzzi Stone - "Jim Hamlin Special"
Really, Really Fast (for a Guzzi) Red
GerryP
Recent import

Postby amrehm » Tue May 29, 2018 8:24 pm

ride safe, Gerry. See you on Thursday.
alan
'16 bmw r1200gs
'13 white Tiger 800xc
'06 bonne & cozy sidecar

4 Wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!
amrehm
Recent import

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion forum