The legend continues

Have questions about the event or the area? Want to plan a ride in with others who are coming? Here's the place for it.

Moderator: mark

The legend continues

Postby beck49 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:53 pm

It wouldn't be a Bash without Jim Hamlin replacing a Tiger 1050 stator in the parking lot. Thanks to Jim for making the effort and showing why we drive 450 miles for service at Hamlin Cycles. Of course I wouldn't have made it to Bennington without the able assistance of Matt Feldman and Jeff Fitch. Matt also provided key support to Jim during repair by keeping Jeff out of the way. Thanks again for everyone who kept me on the road.
2008 Blue Tiger 1050
beck49
Leaf peeper

Re: The legend continues

Postby GerryP » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:47 am

beck49 wrote:It wouldn't be a Bash without Jim Hamlin replacing a Tiger 1050 stator in the parking lot. Thanks to Jim for making the effort and showing why we drive 450 miles for service at Hamlin Cycles. Of course I wouldn't have made it to Bennington without the able assistance of Matt Feldman and Jeff Fitch. Matt also provided key support to Jim during repair by keeping Jeff out of the way. Thanks again for everyone who kept me on the road.

yup, Jim also bailed me out.

Gerry
2015 Moto Guzzi Stone - "Jim Hamlin Special"
Really, Really Fast (for a Guzzi) Red
GerryP
Recent import

Postby jefff1 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:39 am

:mrgreen: Jim did let me hold the crash bar out of the way so he could pry off the stator cover but I had to stand on the other side of your bike (out of the way)...I do recommend rotating the stator 180 degrees once a year so it overheats evenly...

And remember...never leave home without your jump pack :plusone:
Raised on the farm to be tough and work hard...Don't expect anything you haven't worked hard for..Appreciate what you've earned..Be happy and thankful..
jefff1
Recent import

Postby marcsiry » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:29 am

jefff1 wrote::mrgreen: Jim did let me hold the crash bar out of the way so he could pry off the stator cover but I had to stand on the other side of your bike (out of the way)...I do recommend rotating the stator 180 degrees once a year so it overheats evenly...

And remember...never leave home without your jump pack :plusone:

Pics or it didn't happen!

Oh wait- I have a pic!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48184020@ ... res/6A0T6H
marcsiry
Leaf peeper

Postby jefff1 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:40 pm

:mrgreen: Great picture as it shows me in the Supervisor spot making sure Jim does everything in correct order...very important for this type of repair so the stator doesn't suffer any phase inversion which can be a common problem in British electronics...static has to be kept in check too :plusone:
Raised on the farm to be tough and work hard...Don't expect anything you haven't worked hard for..Appreciate what you've earned..Be happy and thankful..
jefff1
Recent import

Postby tigerwilbury » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:51 am

I think Jeff thinks HE'S the legend you speak of. Lol
2018 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT
tigerwilbury
Leaf peeper

Postby jefff1 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:25 am

tigerwilbury wrote:I think Jeff thinks HE'S the legend you speak of. Lol

Just in my own tiny mind when I wake up each day thinking "how can I make the world a better place today?" :mrgreen:
jefff1
Recent import

Return to Discussion forum