Sincerest regrets

Have questions about the event or the area? Want to plan a ride in with others who are coming? Here's the place for it.

Moderator: mark

Sincerest regrets

Postby Whisperinsmith » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:33 am

I knew it was too good to be true. I jinxed myself in my earlier post when I said that life sometimes gets in the way. I won't be able to make this year's Bash as I had hoped. I REALLY, REALLY hoped I could make it. I freakin' bought the new Tiger Explorer expressly for the purpose of riding to the Bash then the long ride cross country and back. (A beast by the way!) I will be making the cross country ride, but on a different schedule. I was looking forward to riding to Bennington with Billy and Marde for old time's sake. No sense writing the long, depressing reason other than it was imposed on me from complications coming from the sale of the company I work for.
I will be thinking of you all and will miss the amazing Vermont rides! Be safe. And to Robin, the reason for all these Bashes, I hope you are well.
Whisperinsmith
Recent import

Re: Sincerest regrets

Postby bonnevillebilly » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:47 pm

It may not be to this years Bash but, we will ride together again my friend.

Bill
bonnevillebilly
Recent import

Postby mark » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:25 pm

Sorry to hear it! But at least you can still do your cross-country trip. There's always next year's Bash!

And for what it's worth, Robin let me know that she and Paul won't be able to make it this year either. Maybe with a little luck next year will work out for everyone!

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
mark
Site Admin

Postby GerryP » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:43 am

mark wrote:Sorry to hear it! But at least you can still do your cross-country trip. There's always next year's Bash!

And for what it's worth, Robin let me know that she and Paul won't be able to make it this year either. Maybe with a little luck next year will work out for everyone!

--mark

Mark,

Thanks for posting the info from Robin and Paul. I've been concerned as I haven't heard from them since Christmas.

I always look forward to spending time with them at the event as they, along with Tito and Janet, were the first BTB'ers I met at my first BTB back in 2008.

I sincerely hope all is well with Robin.

Gerry
2015 Moto Guzzi Stone - "Jim Hamlin Special"
Really, Really Fast (for a Guzzi) Red
GerryP
Recent import

Postby bonnevillebilly » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:13 am

Very sad news :cry:
bonnevillebilly
Recent import

Postby Whisperinsmith » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:31 am

Mark, thanks for your thoughts and letting us know that Robin and Paul also can't make this year's event. I, along with everyone else I'm sure, hope Robin is okay and that she and Paul are in our thoughts.

As for riding with you Bill! There are a few weekends before the Bash! Give me a shout and we can get together to ride. Maybe start at Swansea and harass Steve!
Whisperinsmith
Recent import

Postby bonnevillebilly » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:16 am

I am due to go there and get am inspection sticker.
I am afraid the sticker may cost me $12, 015.00 because it may be being stuck to a new T120 Bonneville ?? :naughty:
We will stay in touch.

Bill
bonnevillebilly
Recent import

Postby KingOfFleece » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:34 pm

Go big or go home!
KingOfFleece
Recent import

Postby Whisperinsmith » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:56 pm

Bill, Steve doesn't have his stickers yet. Better call there before you go, although it's just around the corner for you. He has a nice selection of new Bonnies and the new Bobber. Good luck not getting one of those. I'm thinking you need one of each!
Whisperinsmith
Recent import

Return to Discussion forum