2017 BTB Saturday dinner

Have questions about the event or the area? Want to plan a ride in with others who are coming? Here's the place for it.

Moderator: mark

Re: 2017 BTB Saturday dinner

Postby mark » Wed May 03, 2017 4:30 pm

Triumph has never been an active participant in the BTB. Jeff was a regular Bash attendee before he went to work for Triumph, and we were lucky that he was nice enough to pull a few strings and gather some door prizes for us while he was there. But now that he's moved to Twisted Throttle, we no longer have an in with anyone at Triumph, and as far as I know, none of their personnel are planning to attend.

But it would be nice if Jeff's successor did attend!

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
mark
Site Admin

Postby Salisburyguy » Wed May 03, 2017 6:54 pm

I know he is. Asking if anyone was going to be attending? Anyone else?
Salisburyguy
Leaf peeper

Postby Salisburyguy » Wed May 03, 2017 6:55 pm

mark wrote:Triumph has never been an active participant in the BTB. Jeff was a regular Bash attendee before he went to work for Triumph, and we were lucky that he was nice enough to pull a few strings and gather some door prizes for us while he was there. But now that he's moved to Twisted Throttle, we no longer have an in with anyone at Triumph, and as far as I know, none of their personnel are planning to attend.

But it would be nice if Jeff's successor did attend!

--mark

That's cool. Was just wondering. Thanks Mark.
Salisburyguy
Leaf peeper

Postby stormrider » Fri May 05, 2017 4:25 pm

Dinner paid, Mark! Thanks, as always for doing this for us!!!

Wish I even had a Triumph dealership local to me...I'd have someone to hit up for door prizes! But alas, unless you want Victory (expiring soon), Indian, Polaris (slingshot), or just about ALL other brand paraphernalia, I gots nuthin!

See you all in a few weeks!!!

Jamie
Stormrider (aka Jamie)

2011 Thunderbird STORM!!!
stormrider
Leaf peeper

Postby mark » Tue May 09, 2017 4:29 pm

Yeah, no Triumph dealer anywhere near here anymore either. And many of the other ones in New England are gone now too. National Powersports is the only one within a pretty long radius, and I can't even get them to return my emails regarding any sort of participation in the BTB.

I'm actually not sure where I'd go if I were in the market for a new Triumph right now. Probably down to Hermy's in Pennsylvania -- or maybe even someplace in the DC area so I can schedule a visit to my parents to coincide with a fly'n'ride to pick up the bike. But alas, won't be in the market anytime soon, as much as I'd love one of the new Bonnies...

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
mark
Site Admin

Postby KenM10759 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:54 pm

Green River Triumph is in Gill MA, not too far from Bennington. There's Mark's Motorsports in Enfield CT, been there and been treated well.

BTW Mark, I have a new, unworn Triumph button-down "team" shirt that could be raffled off if you want it though it's definitely not a "universal fit" kind of thing.

It's apparently a womens size "XXL/GGG" and I had thrown in in my bag as I was going through the remains of Performance Cycle of Shrewsbury MA a couple months back. I never tried it on but when I got home realized it buttoned the "wrong way" so threw it in the closet. Short sleeve, mostly black, gray on the sides, big embroidered Triumph logo on the back, small logo above front pocket. Not as big as one might think from the size label.

Or, free to anyone who thinks they could use it.
KenM10759
Leaf peeper

Postby marcsiry » Sun May 21, 2017 8:31 am

Paid for dinner and barbeque. Mark & Alan, the PayPal will be from my wife's account, "Paula Fletcher," but it's for Marc Siry.
marcsiry
Leaf peeper

Previous

Return to Discussion forum