10th annual Bennington Triumph Bash, June 2-4, 2017

Have questions about the event or the area? Want to plan a ride in with others who are coming? Here's the place for it.

Moderator: mark

Re: 10th annual Bennington Triumph Bash, June 2-4, 2017

Postby GerryP » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:39 pm

drlapo wrote:10 years! YIKES!
I haven't missed one yet.
maybe I'll bring a new bike this year

Another one??? What happened to the Thrux you had a Britjam???

Gerry
2015 Moto Guzzi Stone - "Jim Hamlin Special"
Really, Really Fast (for a Guzzi) Red
GerryP
Recent import

Postby KenM10759 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:06 pm

I'll be coming up from MA on the same ol' Tiger 800 (first model year 2011, only one with silver frame.) There's a new Triumph in the family though, a 2012 Bonneville SE. It'll be piloted by my younger son, a new rider. He'll have less than 3 months of riding time under his belt by the time this event comes around so we'll probably take a slow loop around on our own for Saturday. If he were to try keeping up with the Dan Bisbee crew he'd be well in over his head!

I'm just so happy he's finally got a roundtuit and getting his license & riding gear. The first bike is "on me", after that he gets his own. He's riding the '81 KZ550 LTD that I bought the same day, until he passes the MSF Basic Rider course and appears competent enough for the Bonny. It, according to him, is his dream bike. Glad to be of help in enabling the addiction. Hope it lasts a lifetime as it has me.

Reservations at Paradise Inn made, see you all there!
KenM10759
Leaf peeper

Postby GerryP » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:22 am

KenM10759 wrote:I'll be coming up from MA on the same ol' Tiger 800 (first model year 2011, only one with silver frame.) There's a new Triumph in the family though, a 2012 Bonneville SE. It'll be piloted by my younger son, a new rider. He'll have less than 3 months of riding time under his belt by the time this event comes around so we'll probably take a slow loop around on our own for Saturday. If he were to try keeping up with the Dan Bisbee crew he'd be well in over his head!

I'm just so happy he's finally got a roundtuit and getting his license & riding gear. The first bike is "on me", after that he gets his own. He's riding the '81 KZ550 LTD that I bought the same day, until he passes the MSF Basic Rider course and appears competent enough for the Bonny. It, according to him, is his dream bike. Glad to be of help in enabling the addiction. Hope it lasts a lifetime as it has me.

Reservations at Paradise Inn made, see you all there!

Dan,

glad to hear you're comming up with a new recruit, however, once he sees all the Guzzis he may not want a Bonnie :lmao:

Regards,

Gerry
GerryP
Recent import

Postby KenM10759 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:41 am

Gerry,

I'm Ken, not Dan. :)

Dan is a good friend of mine though, and can ride the wheels off any bike he's piloting. I've known him since the late '90's and LOVE trying to follow him around the VT roads he knows so well. I know how I was as an inexperienced, younger rider and my son is an awful lot like me! Way too easy to get in over ones head so that's why we'll be careful and conservative with the pace.

LOL....Moto Guzzi. I dun thin so Lucy. I don't know how my son will feel about them but I don't find any attraction to them at all. Glad you like yours though!

Oh yeah, it seems the Bonneville SE is something he'd been longing for. When he dropped me off at Triumph of Swansea (MA) in early 2011 to pick up my Tiger 800, he sat on every Triumph & Suzuki in the shop and it was the Bonneville SE that he liked best. I think it's cool my friend Mick just happened to get one in the exact color my son had wanted.
KenM10759
Leaf peeper

Postby GerryP » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:41 pm

KenM10759 wrote:Gerry,

I'm Ken, not Dan. :)

LOL....Moto Guzzi. I dun thin so Lucy. I don't know how my son will feel about them but I don't find any attraction to them at all. Glad you like yours though!

Actually I had two Triumphs before switching to A Guzzi V7.

A 2001 Sprint ST 955i

and then a 2009 Sprint St 1050 ABS.

Image[/url]

And now the Guzzi V7.

GerryP
Recent import

Postby bonnevillebilly » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:31 am

What happened Gerry, you took 2 steps forward and then took 1 Giant step backward :lmao:
See you guys when the snow clears.

Bill
bonnevillebilly
Recent import

Postby Bucky » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:10 pm

Happy and safe trails to y'all this year. I'll be at youngest daughter's wedding in "Chucktown" SC that weekend.
And ... I even like her fiance.
I know - what?

How a hillbilly father behaves,

Cody showed up a courtin' one night, doing his very VERY best Eddie Haskell all up on us. Y'see, Cody was a troubled yute, who carved a swath of substance abuse wake far and wide. I'm sitting half upright and legs out in my barcowhatever, and as casually as talking 'bout the weather say
"Y'know Cody, if you ever give Sarah drugs -- they'll never find you."
This tweaked him into white boy trying to talk black hip hop (maybe...1996?) at me, to which I replied very calmly:
"I'm not threatening you Cody, I'm just saying there is the backhoe, (pointing east) and there is the swamp." (pointing west)
We can go WAAAAY under cadaver dog level."

For some reason, the other two daughters didn't bring a lotta bois around.
Bucky
Leaf peeper

Postby marcsiry » Sun May 21, 2017 9:03 am

Anyone riding up on Thursday from the Philadelphia area or thereabouts?

I had been planning on riding my Tiger this year, but I haven't given my Thruxton R a proper flogging yet this year and the Tigers already been on two multiday trips...looks like I'll be putting my new Thruxton R "comfort seat" to the test.
marcsiry
Leaf peeper

Postby amrehm » Mon May 22, 2017 9:48 am

Mark, Pete & I are leaving Harrisburg around 5am. We were thinking of heading to Jersey & then North to BTB. Once we have our route planned out, I can let you know & you could meet up with us if its not too early for you.

alan
'16 bmw r1200gs
'13 white Tiger 800xc
'06 bonne & cozy sidecar

4 Wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!
amrehm
Recent import

Postby marcsiry » Mon May 22, 2017 10:56 am

amrehm wrote:Mark, Pete & I are leaving Harrisburg around 5am. We were thinking of heading to Jersey & then North to BTB. Once we have our route planned out, I can let you know & you could meet up with us if its not too early for you.

alan

Alan, that would be ideal. I'm an early riser/rider and would be happy to meet you along the way- I can ride out to meet you (presumably north of me) at a point the makes sense.

Keep me posted- thanks-

- Marc
marcsiry
Leaf peeper

Postby amrehm » Mon May 22, 2017 1:06 pm

Marc,

Pete said you can meet us in Phillipsburg NJ McDonalds on Route 22 East bound at 7am

my cell 717.363.6615
email bigalrehm@yahoo.com

alan
'16 bmw r1200gs
'13 white Tiger 800xc
'06 bonne & cozy sidecar

amrehm
Recent import

Postby marcsiry » Mon May 22, 2017 1:42 pm

amrehm wrote:Marc,

Pete said you can meet us in Phillipsburg NJ McDonalds on Route 22 East bound at 7am

my cell 717.363.6615
email bigalrehm@yahoo.com

alan

Fantastic, thanks- I'll see you there.

- marc
cell: 267-530-4013
email: marcsiry@gmail.com
marcsiry
Leaf peeper

Postby GerryP » Wed May 24, 2017 7:58 am

amrehm wrote:Mark, Pete & I are leaving Harrisburg around 5am. We were thinking of heading to Jersey & then North to BTB. Once we have our route planned out, I can let you know & you could meet up with us if its not too early for you.

alan

Alan,

I'll be up on on Wed Afternoon. If i don't get to meet up with my friend from Saratoga Springs on Thursday I'll hang around.

What route are you taking up from Jersey? What time do you think you might be in Bennington?
the Hamlin crew should be up late afternoon on Thursday. Sounds like the making for a great dinner meet up.

So looking forward to this event.

Gerry
GerryP
Recent import

Postby amrehm » Wed May 24, 2017 8:36 am

I"m not sure what route we are taking yet. Pete is originally from Jersey, so he is mapping it out. I try to avoid Jersey at all costs:). We usually get to Bennington a little after lunch time, grab something to eat at the brown cow. Once a bunch of people show up we hit up the Bennington Station for dinner.

alan
'16 bmw r1200gs
'13 white Tiger 800xc
'06 bonne & cozy sidecar

amrehm
Recent import

Postby AtticaTiger » Wed May 24, 2017 10:21 pm

I'll be coming through Saratoga Springs on Wednesday Gerry. I usually stay with friends overnight but my buddy is working up in Burlington. I am staying in Manchester Wednesday night and possibly heading north early am and then back down to Bennington to Paradise for evening. Maybe I'll catch up with you guys at one of the usual haunts. If nothing else I will be able to hear KOF (after a few frosties) and locate you. :lmao: Looking forward to seeing everyone after missing last year. We need to find a place to watch hockey too. :popcorn:
A dirty bike is a happy bike....

2013 Tiger 800 ABS
2020 Suzuki DR 650
AtticaTiger
Recent import

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion forum