The site is back

Have questions about the event or the area? Want to plan a ride in with others who are coming? Here's the place for it.

Moderator: mark

The site is back

Postby bonnevillebilly » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:29 am

:mrgreen: Yaaaa!!!
I have not been able to log in for weeks.

Bill
bonnevillebilly
Recent import

Re: The site is back

Postby mark » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:09 am

Yeah, sorry about the outage.

The BTB website is hosted by Big Heavy World, and BHW moved offices from their longtime space to a new one at the beginning of September. The server this site runs on moved with the office. But unfortunately, the office BHW moved into (donated by Burlington College) wasn't ready yet, and the telecom company really dragged its feet on getting the network installed. It finally got put in yesterday.

It sucked for us, but it sucked a lot worse for Big Heavy -- the office was without Internet service for half a month. BHW email is hosted on the same server as this site, so that was down too.

But everything's back up now, thankfully!

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
mark
Site Admin

Postby bonnevillebilly » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:55 pm

I figured some thing was up.
I'm checking in just about every day, I don't know why. :nuts:
It's been pretty slow around here compared to when we first started.

Bill
bonnevillebilly
Recent import

Postby LoVel » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:22 pm

I check most days also even though Jeff will not start talking about cookies again for several months.

Glad we are up and running again.
I am an individual. Just like everyone else.
LoVel
Recent import

Postby jefff1 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:41 am

:mrgreen: That's true Paul...as we move into the fall season we need heavier fare up here...Right now I'm working my way through a peach and pumpkin pie...usually takes me about 4days to eat both...they're both full size pies....
Then we transition to the Christmas season and massive amounts of cookies reign supreme...I have a particular love for the big gingerbread men Mrs. Lucky makes...of course I get to do the decorating of all the cookies....My amazing talents are fully utilized where cookies are concerned :P
Raised on the farm to be tough and work hard...Don't expect anything you haven't worked hard for..Appreciate what you've earned..Be happy and thankful..
jefff1
Recent import

Return to Discussion forum