Most Popular Triumph?

Have questions about the event or the area? Want to plan a ride in with others who are coming? Here's the place for it.

Moderator: mark

Re: Most Popular Triumph?

Postby LoVel » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:46 am

matts1050 wrote:Ok Ok. It's the Thruxton! Unbelievable I know.

The number one choice of hipsters everywhere.
I am an individual. Just like everyone else.
LoVel
Recent import

Postby sevy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:06 am

This is the one that has always made my heart go pitter patter, but it was a long struggle to find one in decent condition (Supposedly only 400 were brought here in my year, 1995). I just love the looks of it though. Somehow it just looks so capable, don't you think?

sevy
Recent import

Postby lzrdking61 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:35 am

Boosted Thrills wrote:Nice one Brian!

Ty ty ( takes bow). :mrgreen:
A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.
lzrdking61
Recent import

Postby mark » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:13 pm

sevy wrote:This is the one that has always made my heart go pitter patter, but it was a long struggle to find one in decent condition (Supposedly only 400 were brought here in my year, 1995). I just love the looks of it though. Somehow it just looks so capable, don't you think?

My friend David picked up a '98 Steamer a year ago for a ridiculously good price. He's put a little work into it (paint was bubbling off the tank due to ethanol leaching through the plastic) and threw on a set of dirt wheels (he has both) when we rode the Bayley Hazen Military Road this fall. Bike looks great, and he's thrilled with how well it handles even the rough stuff.

He should be at the BTB this year if you want to get a closer look.

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
mark
Site Admin

Postby sevy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:55 pm

Very nice. There are a few painted like that on the Tigertriple forum, and it makes them look even more industrial and functional. This is a picture of a custom red that I dearly love from that same forum, but its on a Girlie and not a Steamer:

I have read all of your ride reports, and so I remember seeing the original bubbling red. My Tiger has some slight air bubbles, and I was thinking about sealing it with the Caswell kit before repainting, as then no ethanol leaching could take place. Lots of other stuff to do to it first though, to get ready for some long trips after I retire in June.
I am hoping to return to the Bash this year, as I have had work conflicts the past several years. Two of my buddies have Triumphs, so we may all come together. Still waiting to see how work schedules play out this year. It would be cool to have two Steamers in the line up this year.
sevy
Recent import

Postby KingOfFleece » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:39 am

As our friends across the pond would say.....'she's a saucy tart, that one is!"
KingOfFleece
Recent import

Postby bonnevillebilly » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:38 pm

What was the question?
What is the most Ugliest bike Triumph makes :naughty:

Bill
bonnevillebilly
Recent import

Postby sevy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:44 pm

bonnevillebilly wrote:What was the question?
What is the most Ugliest bike Triumph makes :naughty:

Bill

I concede that Thruxtons and Bonnies are beautiful, especially if the Bonnie is a two-tone T100. II guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder?
sevy
Recent import

Postby jefff1 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:40 pm

[quote="matts1050"]Ok Ok. It's the Thruxton! Unbelievable I know.[/

I could have answered that....have to admit my sharpest looking Triumph has always been my cafed Thruxton....Brought it out to Taste of Clarence one summer and parked it with Buck's Triumphs....Jim saw it....
Raised on the farm to be tough and work hard...Don't expect anything you haven't worked hard for..Appreciate what you've earned..Be happy and thankful..
jefff1
Recent import

Previous

Return to Discussion forum