2002 955i Daytona For Sale

Have questions about the event or the area? Want to plan a ride in with others who are coming? Here's the place for it.

Moderator: mark

2002 955i Daytona For Sale

Postby Larryjg » Sun May 22, 2011 8:28 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I was at the bash last year, but missing the two side fairings, but now I have both.

First off, this bike came from Argo Motors in New Hampshire. It has a rebuilt title.

When I bought it two years ago, on a whim, I just wanted a Euro sport bike. This one fit me well when I sat on it, and because I was there with a friend of the owner, it was pointed out that it had been totaled by the insurance company for things that seemed easy to repair. That turns out to be the case. The fairing on one side, (which I replaced with new factory fairing) and the oil cooler. Also replaced with factory new oil cooler. Everything else is fine. My mechanic here in Vermont, (who owns a speed triple) went over it with a fine tooth comb, and gave it a clean bill of health. Some time later, a front fork seal started to leak , so I had him replace them both. It also has an aftermarket exhaust and sounds amazing.

It rides amazing, fast and straight, and seems to have no other problems. It has approximately 14,000 miles. It needed a new battery after sitting at Argo for some period of time, so it got a new battery. Less than 100 miles ago, I put a new rear tire on it.

It is too fast for me. I am looking for a Guzzi late '70's or early '80's LeMans. Much more my speed.

Most of you know more about the bike than I do. Wouldn't be hard. All I know is, that it is a lot of fun to ride, Tito says it is a great track day bike, (although I have not been, not that I don't want to go, but showing up in my Aerostitch suit for a track day on the Triumph might be embarrasing.)

It is silver, and in beautiful condition. Please let me know if you want pictures. I might try to bring it to the BBQ Friday, but because I am in Vermont, it is in Vermont, and many of you are coming to Vermont, this might be a good opportunity for someone who is interested in this type of bike. It has a lot of heart and soul. It just needs someone with more balls than I have, to ride it right.

Let me know if you would like more info, I will be glad to make it available to anyone interested. We are in Mendon, Vermont, about an hour north of Bennington on Route 7.

What if I said I would let it go to a good home for $4,000? Send me an email, and I will respond with pix or whatever info you would like.

Larry
Larry Gold
Mendon, VT
'02 955i Daytona
Larryjg
Leaf peeper

Return to Discussion forum