inked

Have questions about the event or the area? Want to plan a ride in with others who are coming? Here's the place for it.

Moderator: mark

inked

Postby bonniegirl » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:10 am

i'm about 1/2 way through a 1/2 sleeve tattoo on my right arm...i guess 4-5 more hours of tattooing broken into 2 sessions. the back of the upper arm is a very exciting place to get ink!
wag more, bark less
bonniegirl
Recent import

Postby ATriumphGoddess » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:30 am

Very cool, Robin! What are you having done? Who is your artist?
Juli Moon has done some of my work, I've also had some work done by Gail Mosman and Tegan at White Mtn Tatttoo in Conway, NH...
"Just keep your knees in the breeze, Sister!"
ATriumphGoddess
Recent import

Postby bonniegirl » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:36 am

larry at body blend in shaftsbury is doing the work, a friend of mine drew up the design. it incorperates an existing owl tattoo, there is a big gnarly tree, a little blue teddy bear carrying a rolled map, and a small flying owl. stars, moon, sky, terrain.
wag more, bark less
bonniegirl
Recent import

Postby ATriumphGoddess » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:43 am

Nice! I've been wanting to add to the dragon I have on my hip, place her on a craggy mountaintop in some mist, I think.
ATriumphGoddess
Recent import

Postby JEnfield » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:37 am

WOW I like you two already .

Jimmy
Didn't your mother warn you that there are people like me!
JEnfield
Vermontah

Postby mark » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:17 pm

Robin, if you think the back of the upper arm is bad, try the inside of the upper arm! Yowch!

The underside of the wrist isn't too pleasant either.

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
mark
Site Admin

Postby JEnfield » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:08 pm

Try getting a toe tag on the bottom of your foot then tell me about pain when the string goes between your big and secound toe.

Jimmy

No not me I spent several years tattooing for my brother he owned Inkworks tattoo salon in the 90s had to give it up when I ended up with carpal issues.
JEnfield
Vermontah

Postby bonniegirl » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:18 pm

mark
it goes all around the upper arm...when it's all done, on 23 jan, it will be more or less sleeved from my elbow up around my shoulder and a bit down my back. by far the most painful (for me) was anything that crept near my armpit, both on my back and on my arm. i sat for another 3 hours yeaterday.
wag more, bark less
bonniegirl
Recent import

Postby Hedge » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:03 pm

I had this one done back around 1982 by Kevin Brady at Cliff Raven's shop in Hollywood.
It has since faded and I think some hair has grown in as well. I designed it myself. This brings back old memories because I got this done with Johnny Winter. Kevin did the big dragon on Johnny's chest on that same tour. I can't remember if UncleCharlie was with us for that tour or not; much of that time is either a blur, a crime or a myth! :-)

I got another one when we toured Europe. When we got to Copenhagen we all went to Tattoo Ollie who is suppose to be some very famous tattooist as well. As you walk down the stairs to his shop there is a sign that is above the door that reads. "I Tattooed Your Father” He specializes in Phoenix’s so we all got them. Mine is on my thigh. Sorry no picture of it; but if the bash goes Roman you'll all see it!
Proud to be an American Infidel!
Hedge
Vermontah

Postby b_mason » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:06 pm

I have an Aztec sun with the man in the moon on my right leg. Then tribal tats went commercial.(no offense if you haveone) Now I don't know what I want to finish my leg. Was thinking about some 1600's-1800's Japenese style ink work
Brett Mason

1996 Triumph Sprint 900
1972 TR6 Tiger
Dirigo Rat Pack
Maine european Motorcycle enthusiast!
b_mason
Recent import

Postby ATriumphGoddess » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:56 pm

b_mason wrote:I have an Aztec sun with the man in the moon on my right leg. Then tribal tats went commercial.(no offense if you haveone) Now I don't know what I want to finish my leg. Was thinking about some 1600's-1800's Japenese style ink work

Interesting about the sun/moon combination....I designed my dragon tattoo so that she is holding a joined moon and sun in her front claws.

Check out some Aztec art online....you might find some other images to continue with that theme?

Are there any good studios local to Bennington? I can hear the tattoo gun now....
ATriumphGoddess
Recent import

Ink

Postby TonUp » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:57 pm

Perhaps when I grow up!

Tito

Ton Up!
BMC airfilter, 45 tooth rear sprocket, MIVV GP Carbon Fiber Exhaust, Lithium Battery, over 22lbs weight reduction, Custom Mapping, Skyking frame sliders, Pirelli Supercorsa SP, 112 octane fuel and a smile
TonUp
Vermontah

Postby JEnfield » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:00 pm

When I was learning to tattoo ever time you refered to a machine as a gun you had to cough up five dollars.

Jimmy
JEnfield
Vermontah

Postby T100_Abuser » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:36 am

2007 cafe T100 69 bronco 74 bronco 78 bronco.
T100_Abuser
Leaf peeper

Postby Boondox » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:48 am

Best tattoo I ever saw...I was doing a physical exam on a Marine and noticed a pair of rabbit ears coming out of his butt crack. Up on one hip with shotgun in hand was Elmer Fudd saying, "Awwright, Wabbit...come outta dat hole!"
Being an asshole is part of my Manly Essence!
Boondox
Leaf peeper

Next

Return to Discussion forum