I've been dealt a few shitty hands this year

Have questions about the event or the area? Want to plan a ride in with others who are coming? Here's the place for it.

Moderator: mark

I've been dealt a few shitty hands this year

Postby bonnevillebilly » Mon May 30, 2022 11:35 am

I will miss my first year since we started this back in 2008. I canceled my room a couple weeks ago.
About 3 month ago, I ended up in the hospital for 14 days with a really bad lung infection.
Shortly there after I was diagnosed with lung cancer. Then to make maters worse I ended getting Covid, (vaccinated & boosted)
which lasted 3 weeks, and put me back in the hospital for another 5 days. I'm just not quite strong enough to make the bike trip up there.
I know I've got a long road in front of me but, I am a tough SOB, I will fight this thing that is trying to kill me.
I will miss being there with you guys this year. Don't count me out for next year just yet.
I am being treated at Dana Farber in Boston. I have a team of some of the best doctors in the country.

I will beat this, and I will ride them Vt. mountains again.

Hope you all have a safe trip and a lot of fun.

ps.
see you next year

Bill O'Brien aka. bonnevillebilly
bonnevillebilly
Recent import

Re: I've been dealt a few shitty hands this year

Postby ebolton » Mon May 30, 2022 2:34 pm

Good luck Bill. I'm rooting for you.

-Ed
ebolton
Leaf peeper

Postby marde » Mon May 30, 2022 7:28 pm

I am so downhearted to hear about your troubles. I know that you are a strong MF'er, and with a little luck you'll get back to form. I certainly miss our rides together and hope to see you back in the saddle. I will let the VT State Police know that you are not coming this year, and they'll have to find something else to do.

Marty
marde
Recent import

Postby tigerwilbury » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:12 am

Sorry to hear the news, Billy. You'll be missed this year for sure. Keep fighting! I look forward to better days ahead. Keep us posted on how you're doing. You've definitely got a great team of Dr's to advise you. See you next year.
2018 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT
tigerwilbury
Leaf peeper

Postby amrehm » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:42 am

Hi Bill,

Definately missed you. Sorry to hear about your health. We're pulling for you. Can you send me your mailing address? you can send it privately to me at bigalrehm@yahoo.com so its not out in the public space.

Alan
'16 bmw r1200gs
'13 white Tiger 800xc
'06 bonne & cozy sidecar

4 Wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!
amrehm
Recent import

Postby GerryP » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:42 am

Billy,

Just checking in to see how you're doing.

Defiantly missed you this year.

GerryP
2015 Moto Guzzi Stone - "Jim Hamlin Special"
Really, Really Fast (for a Guzzi) Red
GerryP
Recent import

Postby mark » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:01 am

Hey Bill, hope you're doing a little better by this point. It's been a rough year for me too, and I also missed the BTB due to medical issues.

In my case I wound up in the hospital for a week in April with a bacterial infection in my blood; during all the testing they ran on me for that, they discovered that the mitral valve in my heart was uselessly flapping around instead of doing its job. So I got scheduled in for heart surgery at the end of May, but then that had to be delayed for two weeks because I too caught COVID (my second time, despite being fully vaxxed and boosted). Luckily in my case the COVID ended up amounting to little more than a runny nose, but it still delayed everything. I finally had the surgery second week of June, and have been recovering ever since. That, at least, is going well, thankfully, though I'm still not allowed back on the bike yet.

Here's to both of us making it to the 2023 Bash!

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
mark
Site Admin

Postby GerryP » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:23 pm

hey Bill just checking in to see how your doing. Hope your health is improving.

Gerry
2015 Moto Guzzi Stone - "Jim Hamlin Special"
Really, Really Fast (for a Guzzi) Red
GerryP
Recent import

Postby mark » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:29 am

Hey Bill, no idea if you're still checking this forum, but if so, how are you doing at this point?

Anyone heard from Bill?

I hope treatment/recovery is going well.

--mark
'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
mark
Site Admin

Return to Discussion forum